I prefer the less creamy taste, as compared to this version including yogurt, and with the extra mix-ins, it’s easier for everything to fit into my jar with simple math.
Belle didn’t participate this time but you can check out a similar process with our Overnight Oats: Cinnamon Apple recipe.
Skills worked on:
- following directions
- fine motor (scooping, pouring, scraping)
- problem solving
- food prep!
- Mason jar (pint, or other size if you’re multiplying the recipe)
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
Recipe (5 min prep, 8-72 hr rest, yield 1 pint):
- 1 c oats
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 apple, chopped (cored, skin on or off) (about 1/3 c)
- 1/4 c pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Core then chop half a small apple to roughly 1/2″ pieces. Amounts and sizes may vary by preference, but this should make about 1/3 c of apple.
- Add 1 c oats and 1 c milk to a 1 pint mason jar.
- Top with chopped apple, 1/4 c pomegranate seeds, and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Mix by spoon into the oats.
- Cover and shake, then refrigerate overnight. Oats will keep and apples will stay crisp up to 3 days.